Monday, September 22, 2008

10 Reasons Why Running is Better then Reality TV

I found this on one of the Running sites I frequent. I thought it was funny. I changed Numbers 8, 6, 4 and 3, because his were lame and I made it a bit more personal.

10 Reasons why Running is better then Reality TV
10) At the end of my run I don't have three judges telling me how bad my form was.
9) My "catwalk" has cobblestones and is covered with trees.
8) I don't have 10-12 other competitors planning my eviction, I choose when I am finished.
7) My runs have never been "a little pitchy, dog."
6) In my running world I can Out wit, Out last and Out play my last race, or bad running day.
5) Sometimes there are more interesting freaks on the road than on that's reality!
4) I am never "Eliminated from The Race" unless I choose to be.
3) The "Stars I Dance" with are my 7 & 3 year old when I walk in the door from a long run.
2) Hell's Kitchen is running on a July day in my neighborhood.

and, the number one reason running is better than reality TV...
1) No Simon Cowell!!!

I have to admit though, and don't boo me of stage, but I have kind of missed Simon. I am looking forward to a new season of American Idol.

Here is a list of some of my favorite Reality shows I watch:
* The Biggest Loser
* Survivor
* Dancing with the Stars
* The Amazing Race
* The Bachelor (ette)
* Big Brother
* The Next Food Net work Star
I know I need to get help.


Sorensen Family said...

I thought it was totally hilarious when Simon's old girlfriend (first kiss) called into the results show and told america about him as a boy! FUNNY! You do need somebody who is honest, though.

RunnerMom said...

Hi! I saw where you posted on my profile on Runnerslounge the other day. I hope you get to run the Country Music Half or full in April (April 27, I think). That's also the same day of the Kentucky Derby marathon/half-marathon.

I'm actually originally from southern KY, and live on the KY/TN border near Fort Campbell, KY. Are you near here?

I loved the post about getting back to the runner you used to be (smokin' fast it sounds like!) and how being a "real runner" was your favorite part of yourself.

Paul and Megan Hawkes said...

That was great. I also like Simon Cowell. I think he always give good ideas to the contestants.

Berezay said...

that was awesome! So clever you are!!!!