Wednesday, April 8, 2009

How cool is it when....

...you haven't posted in a while and when you finally do, it is about your brother and his health, and your readers come out in full force to support and let you know they will say a little prayer for someone they don't even know. It's pretty cool. Runners are cool. Runners are so dag-gum supportive no matter what. I am so glad I can call myself a runner. We rock. ;)

So a little catch up on my training. I ran my last 20 miler till the marathon on Saturday. It was the perfect day for a long run too. When I left the house, it was in the 30's. I bundled up and headed out the door. I ran 7 and then came home to get my kids dressed and fix their hair. The hospital was putting on an Easter egg hunt and since the hubs is the CFO, he wanted to support and take the kids. I Kind of wanted them to look cute, so I stopped home for a min and did my thing. I changed my shirt into something a bit cooler cause it was warming up quickly to be in the 50's. In fact I got my first sun burn of the season while running. I didn't think I would need sunscreen when I left the house, but I ended up with a watch line and everything. It was a tad windy, but I wont complain.

I ran 6 miles this morning and it was CHILLY and WINDY. Oh well.... it felt good to be out there. I ran 5 miles and then stopped home to get Nellie the Dog and take her for a mile. She is doing so well. She is back to her normal happy self and now I am slowly getting her to run with me. She went a mile with me today and she did so well. She stopped once to go #2, but she stayed right with me and loved it. I think she had a little bit of a runners high after. She was one happy dog.

The marathon (Kentucky Derby Marathon) is in 16 days. YAY for me... I love taper time.

18 comments:

Aron said...

YAY glad your training is going so well!!!! I will be tapering too after this weekend, one week behind you :)

glad your doggie is enjoying running too!

Marlene said...

Runners do rock! I truly hope your brother and his family are doing okay.... talk about scary.

'Grats on your final 20-miler before KDM. Enjoy your taper.

Chic Runner said...

Glad the new pup is doing good :) her own runners high! ha ha, make me laugh. You are going to rock the Kentucky marathon, can't wait to read the race report.

Diana said...

I am so happy to have met so many great people via cyber land too, you all are a supportive group. Runs sound great-warmer weather is on it's way!

Unknown said...

Hope things are well with your brother and his family. Sorry I missed the post, I just read it. Scary stuff.

Yea for taper time!! Good luck with the marathon!

kristen said...

I didn't get a chance to post on that last one, but I will be thinking/praying for your bro and his family for sure!

Yay for taper time. Enjoy it.

Denise said...

I'm glad bloggers were able to help!!

Good job on the runs and enjoy the taper! You deserve it!

Marci said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Marci said...

Just catching up, but you and your brother and his family will be in my prayers! The running blogging community is so supportive, I know I appreciate it so much as well!

Another marathon! Exciting, enjoy your taper!

Missy said...

Taper, taper, taper, I lerve me a taper. I get twitchy legs but it's a good thing..makes me want to go, go, go in the end.

Hope the fam is doing well.

RunToTheFinish said...

runners be da bomg diggity.. and kinda strange.

ohh hope the race is fun, it sounds like a neat one

Anonymous said...

It is amazing the support bloggers show. Still thinking of you and your family and sending postive vibes your way. Awesome job on the 20. Welcome taper.

Felice Devine said...

Yeah. We DO rock!

Enjoy the taper.

Mel-2nd Chances said...

Yep the running community is definitely awesome. Congrats on your last 20miler... the next 16 days will undoubtedly go by quickly! Enjoy the taper!

Lisa said...

Yippee for tapering!

I am glad your dog is doing well and running with you. I am actually a little jealous; I would love to run with my Beagle.

I hope your brother is on the mend. My thoughts and prayers are with him and his family.

Oh... and you're right. Runners are great!

Rookie on the Run said...

I agree... the running community is extremely supportive. I've never met any of my fellow bloggers but I feel like they are friends. :)

I'm happy your dog was able to run with you for a bit!

Anonymous said...

I haven't been in the blog world lately - sorry about your brother and hope all is well. Enjoy your taper too!

Dustie said...

I would like to talk to you soon about your experience with marathons....will be running my first in October...and the idea is pretty intimidating. Can you email me? dustiespradlin@yahoo.com - I'd like to chat if you have some free time. THANKS!!