Monday, December 21, 2009

yay me... and Holiday GU?

So a woot woot and a YAY me... I ran 8 miles on the treadmill pain free today. I felt so awesome. I really wanted to keep running, but knew I shouldn't push it. After my last post about running pain free, I ran a little more, and it was NOT pain free. So I have been really down and annoyed. I am just counting down the days till me Doc apt. (29Th) This was the furthest I have run since my marathon in Oct. We will see what tomorrow shall bring. Lets hope more pain free workouts.So Tall mom is hosting yet again another GREAT giveaway. I love GU. I actually use Roctane GU. I feel like it keeps me head strong longer while running long. Anyways, Tall Mom is giving away some Holiday flavored GU. So yummy. Go check her out here.

12 comments:

TMB said...

So glad to hear that the ankle didn't bother you. Maybe that pop was really all it took!

Lacey Nicole said...

i love gu roctane!! and those holiday flavors sound super good.. mmm. for gu anyway! heh. nice giveaway shout out!!

CONGRATS super super duper on the 8 miles! on the TM!!!! hard to stay interested for that long! any tips for that? great work and pain free= awesome. :)

Kim said...

I love the holiday flavors!

Missy said...

Great looking gift bag! Yay for pain free running. That rocks.

Jenn said...

I so want to love GU. The flavors sound so good. I cannot stand the stuff however. I gag the second it hits my tongue. So glad your recovery seems to be going well. You=excited to be pain free. Me=almost asking for pain so I have an excuse to quit training!! Good luck at the Doc!

Teamarcia said...

8 miles pain free is awesome!

Rookie on the Run said...

That is so good that you got in an eight mile run and it was pain-free! I hope it continues to get better. :)

Carly said...

Nice job!

Stacey said...

Yay for running 8 miles...I hate having running problems! I have been using the roctaine too. I like it better...but the regular gu gingerbread flavor is pretty good. Merry Christmas!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

YIPPERS!! So glad you were able to get back out there, I know you have been going crazy!! Thanks for the link love!

shellyrm said...

Yeah for great (read, pain free)runs!

Gotta love Tall Mom and the best giveaways.

Sarah said...

Congrats on your pain-free run...awesome!!! I somehow missed the post about your mismatched shoes..too funny! I once almost walked out the door with one black and one dark brown shoe. :)