Kristal-Tracy-Shana-Tera-Joe-...bottom...Jamie (think that is her name) Me- Wendy (we are missing a few of our YMCA family... just didn't find them before the race) I forgot my camera, so this is the only picture we have of us. It was taken with an iphone. I look like such a dork. The back row is up on a sidewalk and I was in front slouching and made myself look like a hunch back. Terrible.
*My hubby and my twin sister were both there to cheer me on.
* Had lots of friends from the YMCA to meet up with.
* Didn't have to stay in a hotel the night before.
* Couldn't have had more fun cheering for my friends across the finish. For most of them, this was their first.
* The honey on the wheat rolls at the finish line.
* Beat my goal time of 1:50... crossed in 1:45. 10th in my age group out of 222.
* Beautiful and scenic course......Lexington is the horse capital of the world, rolling green HILLS.
Not so good things:
* The parking (getting in and out)
* Hilly Course..... but really that is all I train on around here.
* The finish line timing clock was on the wrong side, so you had to cross the finish line and turn around to see the time. How lame is that.
* It rained the entire race..... of course the sun was out shining by the time I got home.
* With the rain was a cold, wind... ugh.
I did have fun, and I am very pleased with my time. I loved cheering for my friends, and they all did such a great job. So proud of them.
For five weeks my hubby and twin sister had a little surprise up their sleeves. Last Wed my twin and her two daughters flew in from Utah, and surprised the girls and I. They did so well keeping it a secret. I did however figure it out the day before they got here, but the girls were pleasantly surprised. We have had a great time. My oldest turned 9 on Saturday, so it was nice to have family here to celebrate. They go home tomorrow. Sadness.
What your gym bag says about you?
1 hour ago