Sunday, April 11, 2010

Flying Pig.....& All about the ladies.

My next race (marathon #12) is the Flying Pig Marathon on May 2ND, in Cincinnati. I ran this marathon last year, but it was 8 days after I ran Kentucky derby. Remember last year Kentucky Derby was super hot, and miserable... then 8 days later ran the Flying Pig... I ran both races in the same exact time to the minute. 4:23.... I am hoping to beat that time this year in Cincinnati. Unless something terrible happens, I am certain I will.
I want to run this ALL women's Half Marathon, In Nashville, TN this Sept. I went to register last night, to receive the early bird price of $50..(or first 250)... to late... So I will be waiting a few weeks... the price goes from $85 to $90 on June 1st... May 31st, I will register. :)Look at the goodie bag you receive and the the super cute medal with charm in the center. I can not wait to run this race. I will also get to meet one of my bloggy friends "Runner Mom".

9 comments:

Bethany + Ryan said...

thats a cool medal! i like the charm in the middle!

Marlene said...

Hope you have a great race at Flying Pig - no doubt you will.

I saw an ad for that all women's half marathon. I remember the bling! So cool.

Unknown said...

I was thinking about doing an all women's half in November. It is by the same magazine.

Good luck in your marathon! I am pretty sure I would die if I did a marathon in 4:23!!!

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

WE will be running Marathons the same day so pratically together :)

Hugs to awesome all women races and sweet swag!!

FYI the word verification for this is "Coorni" thought you would think that is funny..

Anne said...

Good luck with the Flying Pig...I'm sure you'll rock it!!
That women's marathon sounds amazing...I love the medal :)

Laura said...

I am starting to freak about running the Pig but am going to try to ensure I enjoy it all. You will be wayyyyyyy ahead of me so hope you have a GREAT race.

Pining for Pinterest said...

I love the medal :) I hope you have a great week!

RunToTheFinish said...

ohh i love the women only races... hmmm time to start pondering if I can make that one happen!

Jamie said...

Good luck with the Pig! I've been wanting to run that race but keep signing up for others instead :) And that medal is pretty cool!