Saturday, June 12, 2010

B.L.A.H.

HUMIDITY + LONG RUN + POURING RAIN = BLAH

It has been so humid here the past couple weeks. I know other parts of the country get it a lot worse the Ky, but where I grew up in Utah and then moving to Ky 2 years ago, it is still a shock to my system. BLAH. I got up at 5:30 to run and still was slapped in the face with humidity and rain. Blah.

It has been over a month since my last post. You may be wondering what I have been up to. Hmmmm, nothing. Running and trying to keep my kids busy and keep them from whining. I love/hate summer break. I fly to Utah in a month and I will be running marathon #13 in Salt Lake City with at least one of my sisters. My twin sister was training for it, (her first) and then her ITband went wacky. I suffered from ITband about 8 years ago, and went through a month of PT. She can't run at all right now and so she most likely wont be able to run with us on July 24Th.

My hubby has started running since my last post. He started out slow at about an 11 min pace an now he is between a 9:30- 10:00 min pace. In a month. He is up to 4 miles, but he is suffering from shin splints, so he has backed down. We are picking him up some new shoes next week. Should help. He was also having some trouble breathing and I kept telling him to be patient, it would get better. Well, he started to have tightness in his chest and talked to one of the doctors he works closely with, and they decided it was exercise induced asthma. So he is using an inhaler and it has helped tremendously. YAY! How great it will be to get him trained and doing a 10k and then maybe eventually a half/full.

10 comments:

Alicia said...

I didn't know there was a marathon in SLC in July. It's been nice and cool here in Utah so far this summer. Perfect running weather. Hopefully it will hold out until you get here. Good luck on your training!

RunToTheFinish said...

I hear ya on the humidity!

ITB just stinks. I have been very lucky to rehab and now continue to do exercises that have kept me healthy the last couple go rounds. I hope you have fun in Salt Lake, I've heard good things about it!

Coy Martinez said...

It was good getting to see you yesterday. We ended up doing six. I had an insane - why did i eat mexican food the night before - moment around mile 4 but thanks to the cvs pharmacy i was able to get past that! I'm so outta shape. I have your socks! AND, I'm glad you posted another blog, I miss your writing.

Denise said...

welcome back!

the humidity has been terrible. it's sucking the life out of me.

Anne said...

Welcome back! How cool that your husband is running with you...I really enjoy my runs with my husband, especially the long slow ones.

Jamie said...

The humidity has been the worst! gah! Very cool the husband is up and running. It's always nice to have a partner out there.

Marlene said...

Nice to hear from you! I've been keeping up with your runs and summer activities on FB. Your girls are so sweet.

EXCITING that you are heading to Utah next month! I hope your sister is on the road again soon.

Lacy said...

#13!!!
That's amazing. Pretty jealous of that number.

Laura said...

We've only had a small taste of humidity..it wasn't good..Could be a long summer. I am totally committed to ensure I don't have any further IT issues. It stinks.
Enjoy #13!

Stacey said...

I hate humidity! Last summer in Kauai was the worst running summer EVER because of humidity. It totally "slaps you in the face"
What did you do in PT for your IT band?
I will see you in SLC in July!