Monday, February 28, 2011

Crazy.Insane.Motivated

Guess what I did last night? I registered for my first Ultra race. I paid $85 to put myself through 50 miles of..... fun? pain? torture? The crazy part is that I am super excited. Who gets excited about 50 miles of torture? Runners do.... and I am so proud to call myself a runner. No matter what that makes me. crazy? insane? motivated?

So I am running The Antelope Island Buffalo Run in Utah on March 26th. I have already booked my flight, so praying I don't injure myself in the next 3 weeks. I think I may have bitten off a tad more then I can chew... I guess we will find out in the next few weeks. I have a trail run marathon on March 12th, then the 50 miler in Utah on March 26th, April 16th is Salt Lake City Marathon, and April 30th is Country Music marathon. eek. I love it. I am so giddy and excited today.

9 comments:

Stacey said...

Janice I love you! You are awesome! Are you staying in Utah for a few weeks...you have the two races so close together? I am so excited for you! I will be running the Sand hollow marathon on the 26th or I would be up there cheering you on in person! I love having lots of races on my calendar!

Kandice said...

Im so proud of you! It will be so nice for you to be in Utah for awhile too!

The Happy Runner said...

So awesome. I love that you are giddy and excited about it! You have some great running coming up!

Denise said...

having done a 50 miler i wish you the best of luck!! they are no joke but a lot of fun. good luck!

security word is "barfo." :-)

Mel -Tall Mom on the Run said...

Wow oh WOW!! That is VERY VERY soon!! Best of luck for you darlin.. What does the training look like for that??

trifitmom said...

good for you !!

Blaine said...

I was going to suggest the Squaw Peak 50, but looks like you were aching for something sooner.

ashley (redonk runner) said...

that is awesome! i realized how crazy the rest of the world thinks we are when i watched dean k. on one of the tonight shows. :)

CMM.. you'll be in my stomping grounds! i may be doing the half.

ashley (redonk runner) said...

that is awesome! i realized how crazy the rest of the world thinks we are when i watched dean k. on one of the tonight shows. :)

CMM.. you'll be in my stomping grounds! i may be doing the half.