Thursday, June 9, 2011

A family shout out.....

**Don't forget to redeem your discount code at Active Bands....
offer good through the month of June.
------------------------------------------------------------------------->

I am a family person, I love my family. Have I ever mentioned that I come from a family of 9 kids? Yep, my parents are pretty much the most amazing people ever. We are all married and have kids, except for the youngest, she hasn't started her family quit yet.

So 9+9 = 18 + 24 grand kids = one very large family. And we all REALLY TRULY like each other, of course we love each other... but we LIKE each other and we like to be around each other. It makes for loud, crazy, fun, and interesting family get together. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

My Parents only had one set of multiples. That would be me, and my super awesome twinner sister. We are fraternal and really are quit different from each other. We always have been different. I was loud and crazy and out going in school and twinner was almost painfully shy. By the time our senior year of High school came around, she came out of her shell and never went back in. She is now the loud one, and far more outgoing then I am. We are best friends and it really sucks that we live 1500 miles apart.
Especially when there is a function that I really want to be at.... Like this Saturday.

She is running her 2ND marathon, which is the Utah Valley marathon. We finally have a hobby in common and we don't get to run together real often. I know she will be fine and she doesn't need me there, but it doesn't take the ache away. This marathon is pretty much in her back yard, so she gets to sleep in her own bed. Jealous!


Anyways... so this post is a shout out to my twinner.... Feel free to leave her a comment and give her some words of advice or some motivational words to help her through the 26.2 miles she will endure on Saturday.

I Love you Franny.... You are going to rock UV marathon.

** Side note.... I am already so super sick of running in the heat and humidity. Talk about fun sucker.

13 comments:

Active Headbands said...

Thanks
I love you and miss you and can't wait till July.

Sarah said...

Awesome Frances! Someday I'm going to run that. You guys are incredible and I miss you both! Love ya!
~Sarah

SupermomE13 said...

You guys are awesome!!! :)

Julia said...

OHHH! Like I said...I totally know how you feel. 1500 miles away from family is SERIOUS. I could not even imagine how it would be if I had a twin. And wow! crazy big family! There is just 5 in my family and we are all taking our sweet time starting our own families...so we are pretty small right now...haha!

GOOD LUCK TO YOUR SISTER IN UV THIS WEEKEND!!! hoping I see her!

love those photos of you two...you all are gorgeous!

Denise said...

good luck to your sister!! maybe you can run at the same time she's racing, do it together in spirit.

Mindy said...

Go Franny!! I'm super jealous of your relationship with your whole family. Most of my married life I've thought that I had a really good relationship with my families, but it feels as though it's all falling apart now.

Stacey said...

I am going to be there...I will totally watch for her!
It will be my brother in law's first marathon...

Stacey said...

Oh and GOOD LUCK FRANCIS!!!!

Unknown said...

Best of luck to your sister! I hear that is a great marathon..I almost signed up for that one until I ended up on a Wasatch Back Ragnar team.

Coy Martinez said...

Good LUCK Franny! You guys look so cute in that picture!

kristen said...

GOOD LUCK FRANNY!!

Love that picture of the two of you. So cute. You both look so happy and radiant!

How did I get so behind on your blog? I just caught up. Sorry to hear about the rock n roll. It happens. Diapointment makes sucess that much more rewarding right?!

And that trail marathon. OUCH! Way to gut it out for sure!

Therapy - I could use a dose of that I'm sure. Thanks for sharing that. We all have our issues.

Kara said...

I want a twin sister to go running with me!!

I hope she loves her 2nd marathon and gets the time she wants!

ihaverun said...

To your sister: Good luck tomorrow! I'm #1598 and will be in a pink shirt. I'm running the half but will be wandering around to watch all my friends finish the full, so if you see me say hi.